Sunday, February 27, 2011

Hall Pass

So, first of all I just want to make it clear that I have not seen this movie.  I hate that I love the people in this movie, and I hate the fact that there most likely is some funny stuff in there, but I don't even have the slightest inkling to go see this one.

Does anyone else find the concept for this film absolutely disgusting?

For those of you not in the know, Hall Pass is about two guys who get a "hall pass" from their wives to take a week off from married life and do whatever the hell they want.

The first reason this is a terrible idea for a film is that I can already tell you in the third act of this movie, the husbands and wives regret what they did, but it screws things up in their marriage.  They separate for a little while, and then at the end they get back together.  Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm 95% sure that's what's going to happen.

And that's kind of my point.  No one is that stupid.  Your wife tells you to take a week and screw some bitches and she won't care, that's definitely a test to hear you say, "No sweety, there's no sex like the great sex we have in this bed.  Let's make another baby or something."  Write that down, cause she definitely wants to hear those sentences word for word.

Actions have consequences.  Even if a woman gives you a "hall pass", somewhere down the line it's going to come back and bite you in the ass.  We like to think we could forget about these things, but they'll always surface somehow.  Even if it's five years later when you're having a big blowout fight about how you always leave the seat up, and through her screaming rage you find out she's been repressing a slowly growing resentment towards you for the week you spent in Cabo and came home with "no recollection of what happened."

So those are my thoughts on the movie Hall Pass.  It seems to be doing great at the box office, but then again, what's even out right now worth seeing?  I mean, I've already seen Justin Bieber: Never Say Never in 3D six times, so... really, I should just make it seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment